WHO ARE WE?
The directors, officers and members of MWHS are all local residents of the greater Bragg Creek & Area community with the common desire to ensure sustainable primary health care remains in our community, and to support and encourage wellness for its members. Working closely with the staff and physicians of Care in the Creek Medical Centre, the Rural Primary Health Care Network (CRPCN), and other local stakeholders our mission is to continue to identify, establish and acquire the necessary components & resources to ensure this happens.
Mountain Woods Health Services (MWHS) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to establish and steward sustainable primary health care in Greater Bragg Creek in order to improve the health and wellness of our community members. We achieve our mission through community and stakeholder engagement and fundraising for facilities, equipment and programs.
- Our community has enthusiastic, engaged health and wellness professionals providing exemplary, innovative services in a vibrant, accessible facility.
- Our holistic approach to primary health care is pervasive in the community and a model to which other communities aspire.
- Our health care providers, programs, services and facilities form the nucleus of an integrated system whose connections into the community compel active participation and collaboration.
- Our community is recognized as the healthiest in Canada
Core Values & Guiding Principles
- Dependability. We are committed to establishing and sustaining dependable primary health care programs and services.
- Community Engagement and Stakeholder Collaboration. We foster relationships that create an opportunity, environment, and process whereby the open exchange of thoughts and ideas culminate in appropriate and sustainable primary health care delivery.
- Being Pro-active. We pro-actively seek to improve the delivery of primary health care in our community.
- Innovation and Creativity. We nurture a community culture that embodies innovation and creativity in the delivery of comprehensive primary health care.
- Transparency. We model open and honest communication.